Monday, February 11, 2008

Everybody Wants Some

Colleen just posted about the Van Halen concert she went to the other night. Which reminded me, as many things do, of the Alpine Slide.

I was loading the bottom chair. Matt P was on the phone in the lift shack. His eyes got huge, then he hung up the phone and burst out of the shack.

"Holy crap!!" he yelled. "David Lee Roth is back in Van Halen!"

The entire line of patrons let out a collective whoop. There may have even been a celebratory kick or two. One of those kickers may have been me. It was an immediate about-face from the normal staff/guest relationship that was tolerant at best, and outright hostile at worst. Because NOBODY likes Sammy Hagar. Or the guy from Extreme. Sadly, that mid-90s reunion didn't take. But Diamond Dave is back where he belongs now, and that's what matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted this comment on another entry, but I'm so happy that I've found this blog! I worked as an EMT in first aid a/k/a "special services" from 1987-1989. It was without a doubt the best job I ever ever had in my life!

So much fun!

therese said...

Thank you, Anonymous Commenter. And welcome. I've often said that I feel sorry for people who didn't grow up with an amusement park in their town.